Monday, February 10, 2014

Host Mom: Vannary


Host Mama Vannary

My host mom Vannary is known as the respected assistant director at the local high school but to me she is a modern day superwoman.  She is an inspiration to me and I hope to many other girls and woman in Cambodia.  She works, has a family, and still has time to expand her education on the weekends, which is why she will be speaking on a career panel at a camp in March.  I want young adult Cambodians to see that it is possible to have it all, career, family, and education.  Her most important job is instilling this hunger for life in her four daughters and she does it quite well.

My host mom is literally my source of strength during my service.  She makes sure that I'm happy, healthy, always fed and worries about me just like I'm one of her own.  She loves me without reservations and that is more than a volunteer or anyone could ask for.  Although I look forward to the day where I return to the comforts of my homeland, I will be leaving a part of my heart here with her.  She will always be my Cambodian Momma!

Kind. Intelligent. Respected. Boss.

Post provided by K6 PCV Jennifer Reinert; she is a Community Health Education Volunteer in Pursat Province

1 comment:

  1. Vannary, It was pure joy for Charlie and I to meet you in November when we visited you and your family in Bakaan on our Cambodia trip. Thank you for all you do for Jennifer, especially for the love and care you show her each day that I know helps her stay healthy. We can't thank you enough. I am especially thrilled with the qualities and attributes you have as a woman in Cambodia and the example you set for your children and the community you live in. Best wishes, Charlie and Deborah Reinert

    ReplyDelete